Commodity Risk refers to uncertainties of future market values and of the size of the future incomes caused by fluctuation in the prices of commodities.
These commodities may be grains, metals, electricity, oil or others.
Broadly there are four entities who face commodity risk:
ANZ Royal Bank drawing on specialist skills globally delivers to entities ‘customised solutions’ to measure, manage and mitigate risks, whilst protecting value from commodity exposures.
- We understand that commodity exposures differ from business to business and risk profiles also differ. ANZ Royal Bank working with ANZ Banking Group is able to utilise in-depth knowledge of industry value chains and tailor products that are right for you.
Timeliness, ease of access and reliability
- Specialists based in Melbourne, Sydney, Wellington, Singapore, Shanghai, London and New York provide a seamless 24 hours service. These are dedicated commodities specialists able to provide expert advice and recommendations across the full range of commodity hedging and risk management solutions.
- ANZ Royal Bank drawing on its global network is able to provide in-depth reports to customers on key commodity markets and global macroeconomic developments. This means expert interpretation of industry news and price forecasting reaches our customers.
Broad range of Products and Services
- The following are some of the commodities where ANZ Royal Bank provides Risk Management Services:
- Precious Metals: Gold, Silver, Platinum Palladium.
- Base Metals: Aluminum, Copper, Nickel, Zinc, Tin, Lead.
- Energy: Crude oil, Gas oil, Jet Kerosene, Fuel Oil, Thermal Coal.
- Agriculture: Barley, Canola, Cocoa, Coffee, Corn, Cotton, Palm Oil, Sorghum, Soy Complex (comprising Soybeans, Soy Meal & Soy oil), Sugar, Wheat.
- Power: Electricity
- Environmental Markets: Carbon Credits.